A Top 100 Firm, Brown Edwards provides assurance, tax and business advisory services to a diverse clientele. With a firm-wide staff of more than 350 professionals, our accounting firm is one of the largest independent CPA firms in the Virginia / West Virginia / Tennessee region. We support individuals and businesses ranging from small companies to large corporations. Our success is directly attributable to an unyielding commitment to excellence in every aspect of our work.
As the Banking Specialist, you will assist with various consulting services offered to community banks, including internal audit and compliance. Our Banking Team will help train and support your growth in this expanding service niche.
What Your Day Looks Like:
- Assist with internal audits
- Work with clients to learn bank policies and procedures
- Test processes and controls to offer expertise for improving design, effectiveness, and efficiency.
- Assist with providing advisory services to community bank clients
- Identify opportunities to add value to existing services and grow business through additional client services
- Perform other essential duties as needed
What You Need for This Role:
- 2+ years of work experience in the banking industry
- Education in Business, Finance, or Accounting
- High level of professionalism and good judgement
- Strong communication, organizational, and analytical skills
- Proficient with computers, spreadsheets, and basic software applications
What You Can Expect from Us:
- Full benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, FSA and HSA, and 401K retirement savings
- Competitive salary and annual evaluations with compensation adjustment opportunity
- Firm-wide Recognition and Rewards platform to support our culture of year-round positive feedback and communication
- Profit Share program
- Flexible work arrangements with generous PTO
- “Dress for Your Day” policy
- Educational support programs to help you achieve your goal of passing the CPA Exam, and a Continuing Professional Education (CPE) program for all full time Associates
- Participation in professional and civic organizations is encouraged through membership dues reimbursement. Brown Edwards is proud to be deeply involved in many charitable organizations that give back to our communities.
- Collaborative work groups or “niches” provide opportunity to work closely with Directors and Partners, allowing you to learn, grow, and build your career. Brown Edwards offers a progressive career path that allows rapid upward movement for the motivated Associate.